Sunday, June 10, 2012

Quiz Make-Up #2


            One of the art works that I really love from Art 21 was David Altmejd. His artwork was very creative. I love how he said she didn’t have to draw or sketch anything out. He would just get to work and put what he wanted to create. There were two artworks that I really liked.
One of the artwork I liked from David Altmejd was called “The Vessel”. I liked this piece because of how it looks. It was so creative. And in the other of Altmejd did it was impressive. This type of piece is good to look at. The see crystal looks amazing. Representing different way of art, Altmejd establish to show us how you don’t always have to draw first. Building up is the key point to what you really want.

            The other piece of artwork that I like was Conte crépusculaire (Twilight Tale). This art work is related to “The Vessel” but I like this one way more. This type of artwork is great to look at. Because it’s made of crystal, the light gives it an amazing look to it.

 

            Overall  I really admire Altmejd artworks. It’s so creative. His type of artwork would really look like in a dark room with the light reflecting onto the crystals.  Bluring distinctions between interior and the exterior is what Altmejd do with crystals. I love how he relies on the making instead of drawings. In the video he said that it’s the making that builds up the generate meaning of the artwork.  

David Altmejd. "The Vessel". 2011

David Altmejd. "Conte Crepuscularie (Twilight Tale)". 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment